18 months – 3 years
45-Minute classes for 16 weeks
This is a very different class to the Musibubs class for babies – as toddlers are very different to babies! It is OK to let your toddler leave to comfort zone of your lap, take a turn around the room and then come back. The Kangaroo and Joey are the icons of the Kindermusik Our Time class meaning that it will be evident that your toddler will ‘bound away and come back’! So it is OK that the kids do this.
For the toddler, every day brings new discoveries and opportunities to explore the world. Despite a display of independence, the 1.5 to 3 year old child still longs for the safety and security of parental closeness. During this time, toddlers still relishes the comfort of the familiar while also seeking the challenge of something new.
Musitods encourages children to be creative, to initiate their own ideas, and to respond in their own ways, while the parents’ active participation gives the toddlers the security they need. At Musikids, we play a variety of instruments as we share, move or sit and play along together. In Musitods we sing with gusto and sometimes quietly. We also rock and rest, as we respond to, and listen to gentle music. This helps to uncover an engaging musical world while building the toddlers’ confidence, self-control, and communications skills
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Instrument exploration and ensemble skill development — Children will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments, which will eventually lead them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, melody, and ensemble playing.
- Vocal play — Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Musitods, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration Time — Children will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds, and movements.
- Story time and early literacy — Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help toddlers learn to read a book also help them learn to read music.
- Movement Activities — Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together Time — Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing parents to make the most of the fleeting toddler years, giving them the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Expert advice — We explain how the musically based activities enhance a toddler’s complete development.
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum for parents and toddlers, ages 18 months to 3 years
- 16-week semester
- Weekly 45-minute class
- Home Materials (see below)
In a Musitods class we use the Kindermusik Our Time At Home Materials:
- 2 CDs
- 2 storybooks
- Home Activity Book
- Specially designed instrument
- Carry bag/box